Horticulture and Landscaping Apprentice
Landscape Matters Ltd
Landscape Matters Ltd are proud to offer a full time apprenticeship position, to train alongside their professional and experienced team.
Based in the Landscape Matters nursery yard in Plympton the apprentice will complete a variety of daily activities including loading and unloading plants, spraying, forklift, strimming, watering, plant stock maintenance, chainsaw (once trained), potting up, picking up and dropping off materials (use of company vehicle), stock taking of plants and materials and mowing.
A diving licence (or working towards your licence) is essential as the use of company vehicles, telehandler and other machinery is an essential part of the role.
Must be able to work under instruction leading to working independently or as part of a team and with limited direct supervision as circumstances require. Required to foster good working relationship with visitors, managers and staff at all levels and at all times.
To develop the skills necessary to maintain the grounds and nursery at Landscape Matters in Plympton to the required standards including: training to use relevant machinery and equipment.
Key roles and responsibilities of the post:
- The ability to work under direct supervision, under instruction and unsupervised as the role develops.
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with risk assessments for the work carried out and ensure the health and safety of the post holder, patients, colleagues and visitors is not adversely affected.
- To undertake such training as required to meet mandatory and personal development needs in accordance with the needs of the position.
- To provide an effective contribution to the team at Landscape Matters.
- Adaptable and flexible to meet changing work demands and deadlines.
- To report any defects in any tools or equipment to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- To undertake a wide variety of horticultural tasks including :
- Mowing of grassed areas, pruning of trees, shrubs and hedges
- Care of trees, shrubs and plants in the nursery
- Use of hand tools
- The application of pesticides and other horticultural chemicals
- General cleaning and ground maintenance
- Loading and unloading plants and materials as deliveries arrive
- Potting up plug plants and other trees ready for planting
- Taking stock of deliveries that arrive
- Use of various machinery to assist the role
NOTE: These are only a few of the tasks the apprentice may undertake, we do carry out a variety of work that this should give a taste of what we do.
For more information and to apply click here – https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-279650
- Address Plymouth, Devon
- Salary Offer 0 - £10,000
- Experience Level No Experience Necessaru
- Total Years Experience 0-5