Commis Chef with Proper Ansome Café
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Commis Chef Apprentice to join a café, working as part of a small and friendly team. Working alongside others, you will assist with preparing breakfasts, light meals and daily specials all from fresh.
The role of Commis Chef at Proper Ansome Cafe has been created to support in the cooking of breakfasts, homemade lunches, (ie pies, soups, lasagne, lunches, daily specials, afternoon tea and homemade cakes).
Typical duties will include:
- Food preparation
- Offering ideas for ‘specials’
- Some food service
- Checking on food stocks and reporting shortages
- Working to dish ingredients and portion sizes
- Demonstrating basic cooking skills
- Using correct knives and knife skills
- Completing preparation and cooking tasks to a high standard, delivered on time and presented to recipe specification
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic kitchen environment at all times
You will be taught the above skills, and more, by attendance at Cornwall College Saltash or St. Austell and through the mentoring of our friendly team.
For more information and to apply click here – https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-346619
- Address Launceston, Cornwall
- Salary Offer 0 - £10,000
- Experience Level No Experience Necessaru
- Total Years Experience 0-5