A J Cox
AJ Cox Butchers, based in Crediton, are seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to join their small professional team as an apprentice.
A great opportunity has arisen to work for a small family run business to be trained as a professional butcher in a long established high street shop.
The position will be based in the butcher’s shop where you will work and learn alongside a trained butcher and also by attendance at Duchy College.
The butchery counter serves locally reared beef, lamb, pork and poultry and hand made sausages, meat balls, sausage rolls, pies, scotch eggs, quiches and other pastries.
The emphasis will be on helping to advise, butcher and serve fresh, seasonal and high quality produce, providing advice to customers where requested on cooking requirements and methods.
You will learn how to professionally butcher meat and poultry products to maximise the various cuts of meat available ready to pass on to our customers.
The training will provide you with the following skills development and learning:
- How to make & produce pastry and cooked products in our kitchen
- How to operate the till system incorporating producing and printing catering customer
- How to professionally use butcher knife skills
- Carrying out boning
- Carrying out trimming of various cuts of meats and poultry
- How to produce portion controlled products
- How to maintain food safety standards
- How to work within and maintain Health and Safety standards
- Helping to keep all working areas clean and tidy
- How to correctly store meat products
- How to perform and record temperature control checks
- Functional skills will be developed as needed in Maths and English to ensure accuracy of reading instructions and weights and measures
For more information and to apply click here – https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-355489
- Address Crediton, Devon
- Salary Offer 0 - £10,000
- Experience Level No Experience Necessaru
- Total Years Experience 0-5