MERRIN, D J & J E
£200.00 per week
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Stockperson to gain experience on a New Zealand System Dairy Farm. With 300 cows, the Apprentice will be working closely with the Herds Manager in the running of the farm.
You will be working closely with the Herds Manager and will learn on the job and gain an industry recognised qualification. As with all jobs within farming you will need to love the industry, working with animals and working outdoors in all weather conditions.
Your typical daily duties will include:
- General farm work – seasonal mix
- Animal care and management
- Support with calving – spring block
- Feeding the animals
- Preparing bedding/mucking out
- Monitoring feed and water
- Livestock movement
- Cleaning the yard – scraping and slurry work
- Some machine maintenance
- Routine tractor work
- Fencing and maintenance – electric fencing
There will be opportunities to be involved in vet talks and discussion groups.
For more information and to apply click here –
- Salary Offer 0 - £10,000
- Experience Level No Experience Necessary
- Total Years Experience 0-5