Labourer – Cornwall and Isles of Scilly
We are looking to recruit a full time labourer to support a number of busy sites across Cornwall. This is an active role and there will be the necessity to traverse the site across and around excavations and rubble and work during inclement weather should the need arise. There will, at times, be the necessity to access scaffolding by means of a ladder and work on the scaffolding, or from the ladder.
A Labourer’s typical duties encompass many aspects during the building process, including:
- Loading and unloading of material either into store or across the site. This will involve manual handling of heavy and/or awkward objects.
- Adapting to a variety of tasks which could include builders cleans, basic groundworks, mixing mortar and gypsum, site set up and other general duties as required in order to assist any of the various trades on site.
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Companies Health, Safety & Environment Policy and as explained in Site Health and Safety rules/procedures.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Contribute to improving the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company, by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so, implementing change.
- Collecting materials and plant from suppliers and removal of waste from site for disposal.
Must have the following:
- Full clean driving licence – will at times need to drive a van/pick up
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work unsupervised at a good pace
- Excellent customer service skills
- A common sense approach
The following is desirable:
- PASMA or Mobile Tower Erecting certificate
- CSCS card
- Asbestos Awareness Certificate
From time to time you may be required to work in areas which may involve short periods staying away from home.
In return we offer Workwear, PPE and contributory Company Pension. We also actively encourage and provide excellent opportunities for progression and personal development. We don’t expect you to have a full range of tools, but own basic hand tools would be advantageous.
Hourly rate between £7.70 – £9.00 per hour dependant on age, experience and qualifications.
Any offer will be subject to having a satisfactory DBS check and references and clearing the Police vetting.
Full time minimum 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
Please contact Lorraine on 01209 212200 for more info/
To apply click here –
- Salary Offer £10,000 - £20,000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5