As an IT Engineer you’ll be the company’s expert on their tools and technology! Your prime focus will be to proactively maintain processes and tools used by the company’s Service Desk and Network Administration teams to ensure consistency and standards. You will also develop service improvements, working closely with other support teams to deliver comprehensive IT services to the company’s clients.
The team are a super friendly and welcoming bunch, so as well as having a technical mind you’ll also be a great communicator.
What you’ll get involved with:
- Managing technology services such as antivirus, antispam, backups, cloud services etc.
- Developing automated routines, patches and scripts for the alignment and management of client systems
- Maintaining and deploying internal tools such as ConnectWise, LabTech, BrightGauge
- Identifying and implementing solutions so the Service Desk and Network Admin teams work more efficiently
- Providing automated reporting on metrics for services provided to clients and internally
- Training internal staff on the tools used
- Ensuring backups are running correctly
As an IT Engineer you will have the following attributes and experience:
- Ideally educated to degree level (computing or IT qualification) and at the level of MCSA
- In addition to Windows operating systems, you will also have experience in Networks (including routers and switches), TCP/IP, MS Exchange, Active Directory, Backup solutions and Antivirus software.
- Previously worked on a variety of implementation projects
- Worked with external software and hardware suppliers
- Network troubleshooting tools
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft products
- Client/server technology
- Knowledge of virtulisation platforms – Hyper-V or VMWare
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain technical issues to a wide-ranging audience
The company very much support and encourage their staff to obtain qualifications if desired, and there are plenty of opportunities to develop. You’ll be offered a pension scheme, private healthcare cover, and a mobile phone and gym contribution scheme.
If this sounds like it could be for you, get in touch with Sky!
To apply for this vacancy please click on the apply now button below.
Some people have mentioned that the upload cv button does not work, if you have any issue with it please copy the page url and paste it in to any browser and it will work fine. Alternatively you can copy and paste your cv in to the email. The issue seems to be with facebook’s browser.
- Address Exeter, Devon
- Salary Offer £20,000 - £40,000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10