Homeless Support Worker
Salary to be discussed
We are currently looking for homeless support worker in Torquay. It is essential that you will have a non-judgemental and enabling approach to supporting homeless and vulnerable adults and you have experience and or knowledge of Homelessness. This position also requires an understanding of report writing and general office skills.
We offer temporary and emergency accommodation for people in the Torbay area to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Our hostel accommodation comprises of single and family-sized units with 24/7 onsite support. You will be liaising with Housing Options and ensuring that all the client’s needs are met.
The service provides high quality responsive housing management and support services and aims to enable clients to move on to sustainable longer-term accommodation as soon as practicable.
This role also requires individuals to carry out the day-to-day administration of many of the hostel processes.
We are looking for a Hostel Support Worker to provide support and assistance to individuals with homeless issues. This role also requires individuals to work with other agencies outside of the hostel in supporting homeless individuals e.g. Police, Social Services.
The role may also require individuals to deal with out-of-hours referrals often at short notice.
- Allocating rooms / bedding and other resource to occupants and ensuring that all hostel equipment is maintained to a good standard
- Reporting any breakages / repairs needed to appropriate teams within the business e.g. maintenance, management
- Ensuring that hostel administration and all reports are completed to a good standard
- Ensuring that health and safety procedures are explained and adhered to within the hostel
- To provide relevant information to all visitors to the hostel
- To liaise with Housing Officers where appropriate to meet client needs
- Ensuring that hostel occupants comply with hostel rules and regulations
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Valid driving license
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing vulnerable groups, including homeless people, people with mental health issues, people with drug and/or alcohol problems. To have empathetic nature
- To be able to work in stressful situations
- To understand the wider and often complex issues surrounding homelessness
- Awareness of health and safety issues
- Computer literate
- Ability to remain calm and work effectively under pressure in isolated situations To understand the importance of data protection issues
- Experience of carrying out domestic duties e.g. cleaning, changing bedding, restocking and preparing the accommodation for re-let
- Candidates should also possess excellent communication skills and be able to work alone, as well as part of a team.
Closing Date : Friday 31st of May 2019
To apply for this vacancy please click on the apply now button below.
Some people have mentioned that the upload cv button does not work, if you have any issue with it please copy the page url and paste it in to any browser and it will work fine. Alternatively you can copy and paste your cv in to the email. The issue seems to be with facebook’s browser.
- Address 15 Morgan Avenue, Torquay, TQ2
- Salary Offer £10,000 - £20,000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5