GOOD GAME LIMITED
Good Game Ltd, based in Topsham, are seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to join their small professional team as an apprentice.
A great opportunity has arisen to work and be trained as a professional butcher.
The position will be based in an industrial unit near to the Darts Farm Shop complex in Topsham where you will work and learn alongside a trained butcher and also by attendance at Duchy College. The business also owns a restaurant and pub in Topsham and you will have the opportunity to visit and work in both.
You will learn how to professionally butcher all species of locally reared meat and poultry including beef, lamb, pork and game to maximise the various cuts of meat available ready to pass on to our customers. We are also specialists in curing and air drying meats such as hams, salami and charcuterie which are skills you will also be taught.
The training will provide you with the following skills development and learning:
- How to make & produce pastry and cooked products in College
- How to professionally use butcher knife skills
- Carrying out boning
- Carrying out trimming of various cuts of meats and poultry
- How to produce portion controlled products
- How to maintain food safety standards
- How to work within and maintain Health and Safety standards
- Helping to keep all working areas clean and tidy
- How to correctly store meat products
- How to perform and record temperature control checks
- How to work effectively as part of a team.
- Functional skills will be developed as needed in maths and English to ensure accuracy of reading instructions and weights and measures
For more information and to apply click here – https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-362344
- Address Topsham, Devon
- Salary Offer 0 - £10,000
- Experience Level no-experience-necessaru
- Total Years Experience 0-5