Part-Time Support Worker / Carer (part tme & bank) – Nr Redruth
Trevarth nr Redruth
£13 per hour
About The RoleWe are looking for an enthusiastic Carer/Support Worker to provide care to our client, a delightful young boy with cerebral palsy which affects his motor skills and speech. He is able to walk with a frame or sticks, with supervision.
Scorrier/Redruth area, Cornwall
A Minimum of 6.25 hours per week to be worked during term time:
7:30am – 9:00am, Monday and Tuesday
2:45pm – 6:00pm, Monday
Additional hours may also be available in the school holidays.
£13 per hour, Monday – Friday (Days)
Ongoing training and support provided, 5.6 weeks annual leave, sickness benefit and free DBS check.
• *Physically fit – Even with specialist equipment in place and appropriate training, it is important that you are physically fit. A Handling Management Plan designed to reduce the risk of handling injuries may require you to bend, kneel, squat or lunge to ensure good posture during handling tasks.
• Experience of caring for a child either formally or informally.
• Willingness to learn new skills.
• Positive and flexible attitude to work.
• Able to be flexible about working hours.
• A full driving license (endorsements to be disclosed) with the potential to drive the client’s vehicle.
• Reliable, responsible and a good communicator.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and to be respectful of privacy.
• Sensitive to the needs and wishes of our client and his parents.
• Comfortable to be around dogs (as the family have a pet dog)Desirable
• Previous experience of working with a disabled child is preferable.
• Non-smoker- this post operates a Non Smoking environment.
A conviction will not necessarily prevent you from being employed.
*The employer claims exemption under the Equality Act 2010
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK ON THE APPLY ONLINE BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.