Full-Time Supply Chain Manager – Plymouth
Title: Supply Chain Manager
Salary: £70k DOE
Contract: Fixed-Term Contract (6 months) with scope for Perm.
In partnership with our valued client, we are now seeking a Supply Chain Manager with the ambition and commitment to be able to spearhead the company’s purchasing, supply and logistical activities. We require a motivated manager, somebody with a great working knowledge of supply chain and ideally, an individual who has achieved a CIPS Diploma (or equivalent).
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Supply Chain Manager will be largely responsible for managing the stores personnel and procedures, sourcing materials for the site as well as liaising with suppliers for the optimum deal in terms of quality, price, delivery terms, services and working capital requirement. Appropriate administrative tasks also need to be pursued, so being well-organised and thinking strategically will need to be balanced with a hands-on, practical approach.
Your rewards for outstanding team leadership and management, and the maintenance and improvement of running the company’s procurement and supply department, includes a very generous wage as well as the scope to turn this initial six month contract into a more permanent fixture. What’s more, you’ll be joining an organisation with great presence in the region as well as global customer base.
– Source, select and negotiate with suppliers for the best deal.
– Manage the store and keep the team motivated and focused.
– Procure maintenance materials, contracts and production materials for other departments.
– Ensure that purchasing records, data and pricing is kept up to date.
– Prepare reports and summarise data in order to review against KPIs.
– Execute and monitor all the regular purchasing duties.
– Liaise with other departments for assigned projects and offer support with quotations.
– Assistance with managing and following overseas orders (if applicable).
– Coordinate with suppliers regarding delivery times on-site or supplier-to-supplier.
– A responsibility for the preparation and process of purchase orders and documents.
– Work within company policies, standards and health and safety guidelines.
– Stay calm when faced with time sensitive tasks, deadlines or increased activity.
– Work as part of a wider team of administrators and provide an effective and flexible service to the company’s network.
– CIPS Diploma or equivalent.
– Experience of working in a similar purchasing/procurement role that utilises data systems.
– Promotes high standards, great quality and adherence to health and safety.
– Can motivate, support and liaise with a vast number of colleagues.
– Efficient user of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and a clear communicator (Written & Verbal).
– Someone who can prioritise, think logically and has a flexible approach to working.
– Some who is time-conscious, trustworthy and is able to maintain confidential information.
– Advanced CIPS Diploma (or equivalent).
– Experience working in mining, industrial, construction or engineering sectors.
We are passionate about sourcing and placing the right candidate in the right role. All candidates are treated with respect and all applications are treated in confidence. If you are looking for your next career move please feel free to contact us or submit your CV…