Senior New Product Development Technician
- Penzance, England, United Kingdom
- 20,000 - 40,000
- Job category: Manufacturing & Industry
- Post date:11 Jun 2017
- Share job:
Senior New Product Development Technician – Food
Competitive Salary DOE-Flexible hours
Beautiful Cornwall. This company is situated in the South West of the county with spectacular views over the Atlantic Ocean. Known for its long, hot summers and mild winters, the area has more recently been featured on TV’s Doc Martin and Poldark. If you are not local, relocation is a must to one of the most desirable areas of the UK. If you need to know more about the location, the culture and local amenities, please get in touch.
Ideally this role is for someone currently working within the industry that has a passion for food and is committed to delivering excellence. And who is able to travel.
This well-known bakery has a footprint all across Cornwall Devon and Somerset and a fierce growth strategy in franchise spanning across the UK.
You will be part of a close knit, passionate team who produce high quality products and have a passion and commitment to continually improve our offering to our customers to ensure we are the best on the high street.
The role will involve:
• Being responsible for creating commercially viable products
• Presenting to a number of stakeholders including internal, external customers and clients
• Establishing strong client relationships
• Motivating and developing internal stakeholders
• To constantly challenge existing product specifications
• Active involvement in food trials
• Working with Operations and Quality Assurance teams to produce samples for nutritional, micro testing and shelf life
• Monitoring market trends
The successful candidate will need:
• Passion for food
• Interest in food science
• Ideally a background within pastry or bakery
• Previous experience within Food Manufacturing would be beneficial
• Excellent people management and communication skills