Full-Time Product Manager – Exeter
Established in 1981, the Group designs, manufactures and distributes high quality engineered products to more than 20 countries.
The Group has predominantly grown organically through designing and developing its own products which are at the mid to upper sector of the market.
The Group now employs more than 325 staff and has a proven record of developing and promoting staff. The Group continues to invest not only in a continuous new product programme but also in structured training (both internal and external) for its staff.
Due to continued expansion of the Group, which is in strong financial health, the Group is looking for a number of new positions. The common requirement for people interested in these roles will be a desire and commitment to be involved in a dynamic business where the overriding criteria are product quality and customer satisfaction.THE ROLE
The Product Manager is responsible for the strategic planning of assigned products and services supporting the Group overall corporate objectives and goals. The position is strategic in nature, future oriented in focus, and market oriented. Effectiveness in this function results in healthy long term growth and profitability.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and having parallel tactical accountability to the group marketing and group development leaders. You will be helping to define and drive new product development based on market needs, bringing new products to market, and coordinating and managing an ongoing roadmap over product lifecycles.
You must possess a balanced blend of commercial, marketing and technical understanding, detail oriented organisational skills, vision and the initiative to make that vision a reality. You must be able to assess the geographic and sector based market opportunities and nuances, to understand their unique requirements, and find innovative ways to meet those needs with product enhancements and positioning.
You must be able to communicate, verbally and in writing, across all areas of the company, to understand, filter and assimilate input from technical, sales, marketing and executive level stakeholders.Key Result Area
Product Strategy 25%; Research and Analysis 25%; Commercialisation Planning 25%; Product Lifecycle Management 25%Main Duties to Include
• Coordinate product life cycles from strategic planning to tactical go to market activities and product obsolescence / replacement.• Conduct monthly Product Review Board (PRB) line reviews in support of (3 year) product development plan.• Develop and track (24 months) new product financial performance objectives• Coordinate with the Development Managers throughout the development process• Initiate and execute plans for product null series, acceptance, commercialisation and support.• Drive the product obsolesce processes assisting stock management & coordination• Provide strategic management of the product lifecycle• Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going input from sales staff, customers, prospects etc• Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of every aspect of the product portfolio• Provide a key interface between Product Development and Sales / Marketing• Perform duties as assigned by the Director in support of departmental goals.Financial and Budget Control
• Input and hold responsibility for product management budgets• Work with all departments to develop the annual budget/forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals relating to product lifecycles• Monitor the budget from identification to completion of projectsRelationship Management
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance• Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the Product Strategy• Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers• Ensure an effective interface with other departmental staff is maintained• Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphereSelf Management
• Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures• Travel as required to support development / lifecycle projects• Anticipate and overcome obstacles• Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions• Embraces personal challenge, confident, rounded thinking, self-aware, resilient, optimistic and open to change• Has a collaborative approach to others• A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others• Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitudeSkills and Attributes
• Background in project management• Excellent leadership and collaborative skills• Excellent interpersonal skills• Ability to indirectly manage a variety of cross-functional team members• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills• Excellent organisational and follow-up skills• Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making• Commercially and financially awareQualifications and Experience Levels
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in product/project management is preferred.• Bachelors degree in related discipline such as Marketing, Business Administration, or Engineering.• Four years of comparable industry experience required.BENEFITS PACKAGE
• Competitive Salary• 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.• Pension Scheme• Free Eye Test• Life Assurance• Child Care Vouchers• Cycle to Work Scheme• Staff Discount• Flexi Time