ContractProcurement / Purchasing Specialist (6 month contract)
Procurement/purchasing specialist (6 month contract, possible extension!)
Up to £23k
This is a 6 month role due to some absence in the department and a high workload. If a permanent opportunity was to arise you’d be in a great position to be considered. The company are fast growing and successful and you’d be joining a great team!
This is a generalist purchasing role where you’ll:
- Place and track orders and build relationships with suppliers
- Regularly check back order/availability/potential stock-out reports, and take action as required
- Work with suppliers and forwarders to arrange regular shipments and plan economical shipments where possible
- Resolve related issues
- Liaise warehouses to ensure swift receipt of goods, advising when a shipment needs special priority to fulfil back orders etc.
- Assist with QC sample arrangements, problematic items and work with supplier to resolve such issues
- Liaise with Finance departments to make sure payments are made correctly in a timely fashion, tracking credit/debit notes.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in direct procurement and / or commodity management
- Working knowledge of procurement best practice
- A continuous drive to improve procurement and planning processes
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- The ability to plan and organise effectively
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Driven and committed
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team
- Able to manage own workload to meet targets and deadlines
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK ON THE APPLY ONLINE BUTTON ABOVE
Sarah West Recruitment’s expertise is commercial office and sales based recruitment, at any level, on a contract or permanent basis. We are a team of recruitment industry experts with an absolute commitment to excellence throughout the recruitment process.
Sarah West Recruitment offers a high level of industry experience and excellent local knowledge. Whether you are a business looking for staff or someone looking for work, call us and find out why we believe we are the best employment agency to help you.