Full-TimePricing & Business Intelligence Team Leader
Pricing and Business Intelligence Team Leader
This is a key role within the Product function that will see you leading a small team and taking responsibility for the Business Intelligence & Pricing functions and associated tools across the company.
We are looking for someone inquisitive with good problem solving ability will instigate change to ensure the profitability and efficiency of the business. You will have experience in pricing/pricing modelling, able to achieve company margin targets across the product ranges and be confident leading conversations with the senior teams in regards to this.
You’ll become an expert in market conditions and market intelligence and proactively look at how and what the company orders, where their products come from and how the pricing lines up. You’ll work closely with other departments both in a reactive and proactive sense.
You’ll develop new reporting functionality using reporting systems, driving continued usage of those systems and further promoting data driven decision making within the group. In addition, continued development of the pricing functions to ensure sound pricing recommendations are made and market driven pricing reviews are performed regularly focussing on B2B pricing strategy and identification of pricing opportunities.
- Maintain business intelligence reporting systems and the access to critical data sources
- Lead development of new features and functionality within existing reporting platforms
- Lead/support key projects in the business with raw data and/or analysis as required
- Ensure a thorough understanding of company systems and process’ and how that impacts data and
- analysis within the reporting systems
- Provide strategic scenario modelling and accompanying recommendations to technical and nontechnical colleagues
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders (Product Management, Sales & Marketing) in order to
- understand and define market and customer segment characteristics
- Collect and analyse competitors’ price points at local market level in order to generate price level
- comparison reports. Develop recommendations for counter strategies and tactics.
- Identify and gather external market data to support the identification of sales opportunities across
- all markets
- Develop forward-thinking pricing strategies that optimize sales and margins
- Develop, prepare and present key pricing performance metrics in order to assess pricing strategy
- adherence and pricing discipline
- Provide support and guidance for implementation of market level price increase / decrease activity
- Manage pricing execution, to include data integrity and consistency
- Review and approve non-standard pricing requests
- Provide formal and informal training related to various aspects of pricing and margin to all applicable personnel
- Mentor and coach team members and colleagues on best practice when using data
- Comply with all Company rules, including those regarding Health and Safety
- Positively commit to, and undertake any agreed Training program
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by your Director/Manager
Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis
- Strategic thinker with strong business analytic skills sets including strong Excel and data modelling skills
- Strong Transactional SQL skills
- Experience of Strategic Scenario Modelling
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and be comfortable presenting to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and set priorities
- Must have the ability to set priorities, manage a diversity of job responsibilities with effective organisational skills, and work within deadlines
- Exhibits ability to teach and help others professionally
Sarah West Recruitment’s expertise is commercial office and sales based recruitment, at any level, on a contract or permanent basis. We are a team of recruitment industry experts with an absolute commitment to excellence throughout the recruitment process.
Sarah West Recruitment offers a high level of industry experience and excellent local knowledge. Whether you are a business looking for staff or someone looking for work, call us and find out why we believe we are the best employment agency to help you.