Permanent Operations Manager
Operations Manager Bakery Franchise
£35,000-£40,000 a year
This role will involve working from home with regular travel to our franchise sites and head offices based in South West Cornwall
We have an intense growth strategy over the next 2 years, franchising our brand to partners across the UK. We have recently opened out first franchise shop with the second opening shortly..
You will report into our Retail Director and business partner the Head of Franchise, you will also have a direct report to support your role. It is desirable for our applicant to have openings experience and or multi site management.
Principle Accountabilities / Objectives:
Your role will be to support our franchise partners, assisting them develop a team of people to create a service driven culture that delivers consistent operational excellence and sustained profitable growth.
This is achieved by ensuring that the Bakery Standards are delivered to all our customers all the time. You will support our franchise partner by improving the sales and marketing skills of the franchisees and managing the image, brand and customer care elements in partnership with our franchise partners, and in line with the Bakery operating manual.
• Working with stakeholders from across the Bakery and the franchise group to maximise profitability, through franchise shop commercial KPIs and ensuring our strategy supports maximum growth in markets to ensure profit is maximised
• Be the main interface between franchise and the Bakery, sharing best practice and continually advising business on areas of opportunity and creating synergies of best practice
• To carry out structured site visits in franchise shops that ensure Brand Standards are met and customer expectations are positively managed improving performance from a quality and business development point of view
• To establish and build a communication strategy for the whole franchise business, to create an informed and inclusive business
• Work in partnership with the Head of the Bakery franchise to deliver a robust recruitment strategy to support franchise store openings
• Create and embed a training strategy to support franchisees with continual review to ensure fit for purpose
• To audit and review quality of standards, consistency of delivery and customer perception, and work in conjunction with Store Management and Franchisees to rectify issues promptly and identify best practice solutions ensuring feedback to the wider business teams as appropriate
• Accompany the franchisee on sales visits with the objective of coaching the franchisee
• Ability to influence others with a strong personality and the ability to drive change
• Previous multi-site management experience is essential in a food-led business, at Area/Regional Manager level or equivalent, for a minimum of 2 years
• Experienced at delivering training, high impact coaching and support at operational and management level
• Highly organised, able to plan effectively, multi-task and cope with high levels of autonomy, even under pressure. Working away from home and working from distance is a reality of this role, therefore ability to work on your own is key
• Strong commercial awareness, with experience of managing P and Ls, KPI’s and budgets
• Proven track record of delivery extremely high brand standards across a multi-site business
• Fully eligible to work in the UK
• Driver’s License