Permanent Operations Assistant – Kingswood (PJ)
A busy travel agency based in Kingswood, Bristol and are looking to recruit an Operations Assistant to support in their expanding Groups Department.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:-
1. Supporting the Groups & Contracts Manager and Sales Team to co-ordinate all group departures.
2. Liaise with the Accounts Department as necessary when sending trip details to create a group file.
Liaise with Group Organisers on all operational and financial aspects of their trip to include transport, hotel accommodation and excursion suppliers, where applicable, and payment schedule. Plan and forward final travel itineraries and timings to Group Organisers.
3. Keep track and process on time, all suppliers pre and final payments.
4. Send rooming lists to each hotel and advise on final numbers. Authorise final invoice payments after the Group has departed.
5. Full office administration and co-ordination with suppliers, ie: hotels, Channel crossings, excursion entrances, ticketing, etc. Setting up office files both hardcopy and computer files. Liaise with the Group Sales Manager that all allocations are confirmed and/or released on time to ensure cancellation charges are not incurred.
6. On-call whilst the trips are “live”.
The operational aspect of this position will involve solid and proven problem solving, accuracy, decision making and analytical capabilities. For this you will be expected to have:
– Meticulous attention to detail.
– Commercial acumen and proven experience and involvement in the business decision making process.
– The ability to forward think.
– Confident, positive and “result focused”.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to be influential and amenable with all suppliers and Group Organisers.
You will also need to be highly organised, manage your own workload and meet stretching targets and strict deadlines.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK ON THE APPLY ONLINE BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
The outstanding commitment and performance of our staff has made Smith and Reed one of the fastest growing and dynamic independent recruitment agencies in the South West.
With over 30 years’ experience of the employment sector, you would be mistaken to think that we are antiquated or stuck in our ways. Instead, we are a mix of forward thinking, ambitious people with a shared vision of realising a smarter way of recruiting.
You’ll not find a better service than from our team. We’ll fill any vacancy 24/7. We won’t let you down.