Full-Time Morning Social care worker F/T & P/T
Do you want to make a difference to someone in your community as a Morning Social Care Worker? Do you care passionately about supporting someone to stay in their own home? If so, you could be just the type of person we are looking for! We are Care Wyvern, a high quality home care service based in Taunton, supporting clients to live in their own homes. We are seeking to recruit Morning Social Care Workers who are able to encourage a workplace culture based on respect and dignity for those in need of care and support and an excellent home care service. You will perform care duties ,including personal care, food preparation, domestic duties, shopping, domestic and sit/chaperone calls.
We currently have vacancies for morning staff 07:00 – 14:00, this can be on a part-time or full-time basis, along with bank carer opportunities. Care Wyvern provides domiciliary care for adults in and around the Taunton Deane and Wellington areas. We cover a radius of about 25 miles from the office. Our staff need to be car drivers and have access to a car.
You probably have the skills you need perhaps without even knowing it, but we’ll give you all the training and support you require.We will support you to achieve your career goals with training, supervision, and ongoing support.
- We offer full training and support throughout your time at Care Wyvern,
- We recognise your time is precious so we make a discretionary payment for your Orientation period, upon completion of your probationary period.
- You will receive supervisions every 6-8 weeks both in the field and within our Taunton office.
We are keen to help you advance your career by assisting with Health and Social Care Diplomas*
- We meet the cost of your DBS *
- We pay a mileage and travel time allowance *
- We offer all our carers a subsidised Health Plan with Simply Health, where as you are able to claim back on many treatments, including optical, dental, and chiropractor.
- We provide an occupational Pension*
You will already have more natural skills than you realise to make a great Social Care Worker. The qualities we also seek are:
- Excellent communication ability
- Able to work under pressure and flexible towards change
- Able to build professional relationships
- Even tempered and patient
- Able to display empathy and warmth
- Hold a driving licence and access to a car
- Available alternate weekends
We will train you in everything you need to know, through our continuous training programme and constant support via an experienced office team and field supervisors.
- Travel time paid
- Generous tax-free mileage rate
- Mobile phone
- Training, qualifications and career development
- Work available throughout the day and at nights
- Higher wage rates for qualified staff
- Guaranteed hour contracts as well as Zero hour contracts
- Subsidised Health Care package