Full-TimeLive In Care Assistant – Plymouth
Live In Care Assistant
Salary starts at £525 per week.
Live-In Care & Support Worker/Care Assistant Caremark (Plymouth) Recruiting for a carer to cover packages of care in Plymouth or surrounding areas.
If you are passionate about caring here is a great opportunity to join an award winning, top rated care provider. We are proud of our excellent standards in providing personalised quality care in the community.
Caremark (Plymouth) are looking for Live-In Care and Support Workers/Care Assistants in the Plymouth and surrounding area to join our rapidly expanding professional team.
Caremark (Plymouth) is an award winning, family owned and run business, dedicated to providing the highest standards of professional care and support to customers who wish to remain living within their local community.
Salary starts at £525 per week.
- Paid Holiday.
- Paid meetings, supervisions and training after completion of the initial Care Certificate.
- Free Uniforms.
- Free DBS (initially paid for by applicant and refunded after qualifying period).
- Full support from an excellent management team.
Due to the nature of our work, access to your own vehicle would be advantageous.
To live in the customers home and support their daily living as assessed by Caremark.To meet the personal care and support needs of customers in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence. The care and support provided by Care and Support Workers is expected to include support that would reasonably be given by members of the customer’s family and is not to include tasks that would normally be undertaken by a trained nurse.
- To assist customers who need help getting up and going to bed in the morning and evenings, including dressing and undressing, washing, bathing and going to the toilet.
- To help customers with their mobility and with any physical disabilities, including incontinence and use of personal aids and equipment.
- To care for customers who are temporarily sick and need bed nursing and help with feeding etc.
- To provide care and support for customers who are terminally ill.
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activities of customers through talking, outings, reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- To make and change beds, light cleaning, emptying commodes and general tidying.
- To inspect, launder and mend customers’ clothes.
- To set tables and trays, prepare and serve meals, clearing away and washing up.
- Supervision of safe food preparation and storage.
- To read and write reports and be involved in customers’ reviews as required.
- To adhere to all Caremark’s policies and procedures at all times.
- To report either to the Field Care Supervisor or Care Manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a customer.
- To encourage the independence of customers.
- To liaise with professionals and other agencies as required.
- To undertake any working duties as required during the night as far as is reasonably practicable.
- To effectively communicate with other Care and Support Workers allocated to the customer.
- To give emotional support as and when needed by the Customer.
- Support with appointments and reminders.
- Support with medication and promoting the customers independence to self -administer.
- Support and liaise with the customers family/carers as directed by line management.
Personal AttributesIt is considered essential that Care and Support Workers possess the following qualities: –
- Self motivated & well organised.
- Caring & sensitive to the needs of others.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to promote anti-discriminatory practice and equality for all Customers/ Service Users.
- Ability to complete any required documentation within the service
- A person centred approach
Possession of an NVQ/QCF in Health and Social Care is desirable but not essential.
All successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The cost is initially provided by the applicant but refunded after qualifying period.
Candidates must be 18 years of age or over.
If you feel you have the qualities and commitment we are asking for, preferably with your own transport.
Please feel free to phone on 01752 349784 and discuss this opportunity further with a member of our friendly team.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK ON THE APPLY ONLINE BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
Please provide us with a contact number.
For more Care & Support jobs click here – http://proper-jobs.co.uk/job-category/health-medical-social-care/
For more jobs in Devon click here – http://proper-jobs.co.uk/jobs-in-devon/
Caremark is an established and highly regarded home care provider offering home care, personal support, home help and companionship services