Full-Time IT Service Desk Technician – Exeter
IT Service Desk Technician
£17,595 to £21,885 + package
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to continue your IT career and take that next step with a company that offers great training and to get involved in some project work.
Your experience may come from a phone based support role, or as a desk technician, or perhaps a mix of both. What is important is that you have that want to learn, help people and also give great customer service. To non techy people, IT can sometimes be daunting, it is part of your job to give them confidence and explain in a way that they understand.
You will be actively working as part of the service desk team, ensuring tickets received, by phone, email and in person are logged, actioned and resolved to keep everything running perfectly.
What are the key responsibilities as an IT Service Desk Technician?
Your role will have 3 main areas:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for all users via phone, email, portal and in person
- Provide support for various hardware and software products
- Provide support for user account administration
- Assist with problem management
- Assist with change control management
- Setting up and maintaining user accounts and profiles
- Work closely with centres to understand business needs and how they might best be supported by the team
- Maintaining the point of sale systems and underlying business rules.
General IT Administration
- Assist with user management such as creating new users, moves and changes
- Create and maintain user and technical documentation
- Assist with the deployment and maintenance of hardware and software, licensing, data protection and upgrades
- Assist with proactively monitoring the IT platform
- Assist with network and security management
- Research, source and develop solutions and improvements
- Provide user training to both individuals and groups
- Assist with network and security management, application patches, updates
- Liaison with software and other suppliers.
Supporting the manager in developing and deploying new systems, evaluating alternatives, documentation, management and testing to ensure applications are fit for deployment. You may lead on smaller projects or form part of a larger team.
You will be based at our Head Office on the outskirts of Exeter but will regularly visit sites to resolve issues or train local staff, therefore having your own transport is a necessity.
What are we looking for in an IT Service Desk Technician?
- Experience working in an ITIL IT Service desk environment (1st / 2nd Line) or other help desk environment
- Knowledge of Networks, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, Server and Desktop Management
- Knowledge of working with Cloud Hosted Servers, Office 365, web and desktop applications
- Hands on experience configuring, deploying and supporting software and hardware
- The ability to demonstrate good attention to detail in the role
- The ability to establish strong and positive relationships with colleagues at all levels.
As well as a great salary, the role also comes with a package that includes:
- Gym Membership
- 20 days annual leave, with an extra day for each years’ service (up to 25 days)
- Training opportunities
- Cycle scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Child care vouchers, and more!
Closing date: 22nd January 2018
Sarah West Recruitment’s expertise is commercial office and sales based recruitment, at any level, on a contract or permanent basis. We are a team of recruitment industry experts with an absolute commitment to excellence throughout the recruitment process.
Sarah West Recruitment offers a high level of industry experience and excellent local knowledge. Whether you are a business looking for staff or someone looking for work, call us and find out why we believe we are the best employment agency to help you.