Interior Designer – Exeter
- Exeter, England, United Kingdom
- Competitive Salary
- Job category: Manufacturing & Industry
- Post date:9 Jan 2018
- Share job:
Established in 1981, the Group designs, manufactures and distributes high quality engineered products to more than 20 countries.
The Group has predominantly grown organically through designing and developing its own products which are at the mid to upper sector of the market.
The Group now employs more than 325 staff and has a proven record of developing and promoting staff. The Group continues to invest not only in a continuous new product programme but also in structured training (both internal and external) for its staff.
Due to continued expansion of the Group, which is in strong financial health, the Group is looking for a number of new positions. The common requirement for people interested in these roles will be a desire and commitment to be involved in a dynamic business where the overriding criteria are product quality and customer satisfaction.THE ROLE
An exciting and very creative position has opened up within our busy Marketing department.
Working within our dedicated photography studio alongside our friendly existing set building team, you will primarily be responsible for the designing, styling and production of room sets for brochures, PR, point of sale materials, website for brochures, PR, point of sale materials, websites – a vital tool in generating both product information and aspiration amongst potential customers.
The second area of the role ensures the successful design, implementation and ongoing management of our ‘Shop in Shop’ branding and spatial design concepts across our wide network of independent retailer showrooms. Within this aspect of the role you will be responsible for all aspects of ‘Shop in Shop’, however it is also worth noting here that the role we are offering is also that of another team member. The two of you together would work closely to take on the two core interior design requirements within the department in both our own creative studio and in retailers own showrooms – all however backed up with support from the wider Marketing team.
The role does require a modest level of travel and overnight staying away from home whilst overseeing Shop in Shop installations. (Approximately 1-2 nights per fortnight. Largely UK and Irish showrooms however there may be occasion for further travel)JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Creative & Marketing Assistant Manager, working alongside another in the identical role, and with other members of the Creative team, your responsibilities will include:
• Designing room sets to a high standard of interior design.• Maintaining and improving the photographic integrity of brochures• Taking briefs for new photographic projects• Liaison with R&D, manufacturing and warehousing departments• Supporting the set building team.• Sourcing and management of props• Working with our own inhouse photographer• Recording product and prop information for all photographic files• Assist with other adhoc design projects as and when required i.e. showroom, displays and exhibition stand designs• Be a contact for Shop in Shop.• Conducting showroom surveys.• Liaising with retailers to accommodate their needs within the project.• Design & present bespoke showroom layouts to suit each location whilst working within the agreed concept guidelines and protecting the brand identity.• Costing the design and installation proposals and ensuring they are delivered to the agreed costs.• Offer design services and subsequent implementation guidance and support to the retailers of Signature Shop in Shop concepts.• Project manage the entire design, implementation and installation for Executive Shop in Shop concepts, including management of appropriate subcontract trades.• Hands on approach to some of the lighter build requirements in certain instances.• Retailer sales and performance analysis. (Pre and post implementation).• Liaising with and supporting the Export Managers with the limited roll out of Shop in Shop concepts in European showrooms.• Ongoing concept refinement and creation of new concept designs for rolling showroom updates.PERSON SPECIFICATION
• Be from an Interior design/creative based background with at least 2 years commercial experience in a relevant role• Have strong project management skills and good attention to detail• Proficient with the use of Photoshop & Sketch Up (or similar visualising software) although training can be offered.• Have the ability to multi-task• Possess excellent communication skills, across all levels and be able to manage and co-ordinate subcontract trades• Friendly and approachable nature with a positive attitude.• Must be able to use own initiative, prioritise and plan ahead.• A high degree of computer literacy• Must have a full driving licence• Must be hands on, pro-active, self motivated and have a flexible attitude.• Enthusiasm to learn new skills and ability to grasp large amounts of product information.• HND / A’ level/Degree in interior design or be able to demonstrate a high degree of expertise as an interior designer.• A strong understanding of the Studio Photography process.• A desire and ability to quickly understand an extensive product portfolio.REMUNERATION
This will be competitive and in accordance with experience.BENEFITS PACKAGE:
• Competitive Salary• 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.• Pension Scheme• Free Eye Test• Life Assurance• Child Care Vouchers• Cycle to Work Scheme• Staff Discount• Flexi Time (if applicable)