Full-Time HR Advisor – St Austell
Title: HR Advisor
Location: St Austell, Cornwall
Salary: £23k FTE + Benefits
Contact: Part Time (4 Days)
A fabulous opportunity for someone with working experience in HR or recruitment! An award-winning, family-run business with a rich history and national market dominance, is now seeking a HR Advisor to join their amazing team based in St Austell, Cornwall. Our client would like to speak to motivated, genuine and welcoming HR professionals, who have a passion to support a company’s thirst for service excellence.
The successful candidate will be given the responsibility of managing a designated area within the company’s managed pub estate. A CIPD level 3 (or equivalent) will stand you in very good stead. This is a wonderful chance for any HR or recruitment professional who is eager to make a positive difference inside of a successful company with a strong identity, heritage and values.
• Offer support to the designated Managed Estate in relation to HR matters.
• Work alongside Retail Operations Manager and Retail HR Manager to strengthen Employer Branding in connection to the Managed Estate.
• Provide ongoing step-by-step guidance and coaching to managers and employees; including policies, procedures and contracts.
• Champion employee engagement activities by attending forums.
• Handle employee issues, terminations, redundancies, disciplinary hearings, grievances, counselling and absence. Escalating when appropriate to the Retail HR Manager.
• Support employees throughout the HR life cycle – from starting through to termination.
• Liaise with line managers and contribute to available options to tackle poor performance.
• Offer general ad hoc support to the Retail HR Manager.
• Experience of working in a similar role; HR or Recruitment.
• Motivated, compassionate and friendly people-person.
• A great listener and supporter of people on various levels.
• An efficient administrator, clear communicator and someone who can follow procedures.
• A flourishing and ethical business with a strong family-feel.
• A market leader in the food, drink, hospitality and leisure sectors.
• Private medical cover, pension and company discount scheme.
• 25 days’ holiday pro rate (excluding public holidays).
• Bonus scheme and regular social events with the team.