ContractFinance Assistant – Swindon
- Contract duration; 3 months
- Pay; £9.90 per hour
- Hours of work; Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Mainline Employment are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to work on a temporary basis for Swindon Borough Council. The role is to administer vulnerable adults finances who are in residential care and the community where there is no other appropriate person to act on their behalf under an Appointee or Deputyship service, ensure that legal and financial requirements are met whilst ensuring the five principles of the mental capacity act are complied with and Office of the Public Guardian standards are met. And meeting the needs of our service user’s and ensuring a high standard of service is achieved.
- To record transactions on an in house excel based system and to provide a clear audit trail to demonstrate compliance, good record keeping and fair customer outcomes.
- Committed to meeting deadlines and adhering to requirements in relation to accuracy and high pressure timescales.
- To manage an allocated caseload of service user’s, ensuring their financial circumstances are maximized.
- To deal with enquiries within the organization and externally. Taking ownership of query resolution and providing support in escalation processes where appropriate.
- For Appointeeship Accounts, ensure these are properly set up and maintained, whilst liaising with the Benefits Agency to ensure all appropriate benefits are claimed, personal monies are available and all bills paid in a timely fashion ensuring that all changes in circumstances are reported accurately and promptly.
- As part of deputyship requirements, carry out home visits to ensure documents are secured, homes are secured, inventories made, insurances put in place, clearances and sale of property are arranged under the jurisdiction of the Court of Protection.
- Liaise with banks, solicitors, public bodies, estate agents, utility providers and any other organizations where capital may be held and or debts may exist. Including the closure of extraneous accounts ensuring effective management of the service user’s property and financial affairs, whilst undertaking meetings with internal social workers and external service users, over the phone and face to face where applicable.
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with the nominated SBC Deputyship Officer and ensure appropriate matters are brought to their attention and resolved in a timely manner.
- To assist the Team Manager in improving standards and procedures of the team. Contribute to continuous improvements in processes, procedures, and controls in order to deliver efficiencies and service enhancements, ensuring the team is as effective as possible within the resources available.
- Provide cover at busy times as required. Liaise closely with other colleagues within the appointee and deputy team and within the organisation, building and maintaining good relationships; promoting “one team” working across the council to optimise team utilisation; and contribute to team objectives.
- Promote a customer focused and team based culture that identifies, communicates, and addresses customer needs.
- Ability to make site visits throughout the Borough.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Council or Team Manager within the scope of the role
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK ON THE APPLY ONLINE BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
Mainline Employment Limited have been trading since 1990 and have many years of experience in matching candidates to suitable jobs.
We are a well-established & successful independent recruitment agency with over 22 years of experience in dealing within the Commercial, Industrial and Driving sectors.
Mainline also offer a full 24 Hour Service, enabling clients and candidates to contact us at more convenient times for them. We have highly experience and skilled staff with over 15 years of experience in recruiting and all specialising across divisions, so have a good understanding of the vacancies they are filling.