Disability Assessor – Cardiff
- Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
- 20,000 - 40,000
- Job category: Health, Medical & Social Care
- Post date:20 Feb 2018
- Share job:
Mainline Employment are currently looking for ambitious Qualified Healthcare professionals that are looking to join our team of paper based Disability Assessors in the Cardiff area. This will be a non-clinical role and you will be working autonomously. You must be a qualified nurse, OT, Paramedic or physiotherapist and you must have an active Pin with NMC or HCPC.
For this office based role, you will:
- Create a report for each completed assessment
- Review supporting evidence
- Present your reports to the Department for Work and Pension (England and Wales) of Department for Communities (Northern Ireland), providing the advice, information and justification needed by the Case Manager in order for them to make an equitable decision on entitlement to PIP
- Attend CPD training events and keep up to date with the PIP
Who we’re looking for
This is really important… You must have at least 2 years post-registration experience as an Occupational Therapist (OT), Physiotherapist, Nurse, Paramedic or Doctor with a licence to practice and must be registered with the NMC / HCPC / GMC with a valid PIN.
You should also have the ability to work autonomously across a geographical area and hold a full UK Driving Licence.
Happy working as part of a team or on your own initiative, you’ll have sufficient clinical knowledge to read and understand complex claimant information and have excellent report writing skills to enable you to provide DWP with a robust assessment report.
You’ll have appropriate questioning skills along with the ability to capture informal and formal observations and will be confident using computers.
When you work for the best, you can expect the best:
- Salary of £34,000 per annum
- 23 days paid holidays (plus 8 statutory holidays)
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Career development opportunities
- Working for a progressive and cutting-edge employer with exceptional standards
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday between 8am-8pm, amounting to 37.5 hours per week.
If you are interested in becoming a Disability Assessor and you meet the specification we require, please apply and send your CV today.