Full-TimeChef de partie / Junior Sous Chef
- To assist the Head Chef in producing high quality meals and services within the required deadlines and to diners’ satisfaction.
- To supervise shifts to ensure that the production of meals on that shift are of the highest quality and are achieved by production methods that comply with all health, safety and hygiene legislation.Essential Job FunctionsFood Production
- Monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply to ensure the HACCP procedures are followed.
- Placing orders in the absence of the Head Chef or SousChef using nominated suppliers.
- To have total accountability for the running of the shift and to ensure stock is correct for their station
- To participate in the development and design of seasonal menus and purchase all food and food related products to achieve food budgeted cost controls ensuring minimum wastage and to ensure all menus are costed accurately.
- Ensure that the appropriate methods of cooking and presentation are used to maintain high standards of service.
- Ensure safety and security is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure each member of the shift has sufficient knowledge of produced dishesto be able to advise serving staff/diners, e.g. allergens and content.
- Wastage:correct handling of surplus food after service.
- Maintains and monitors quality, conducting quality control checks according to HACCP regulations.
- Conducts quality checks of goods received, ensuring legal and quality standards are maintained.
- Cleaning schedules:assist in the implementation of the Kitchen cleaning schedule to the agreed standards
- Monitors and ensures compliance with recipe specification.
- Assess all dishes before leaving kitchen for taste,presentation and food quality.
Control food cost by assisting in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling including how to handle leftover food items.
- Ensure that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to uniform, personal hygiene and appearance standards within the Kitchen and servery areas.
- Co-ordinate food storage ensuring proper storage and use of both cooked and raw foodstuffs in compliance with food hygiene requirements.
- Organise and prepare private dinners as required.
- Organise chemical supplies.
- To undertake shift staff briefing with all team members.
- Teach junior chefs and apprentices new skills and monitor their progress.
- Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage managementand other departments.
- Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas andcoolers and promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection. Report all machinery faults e.g. coolers/freezers and promptly act to remedy e.g. call- out, visual check of trip switch/fuse.
- Is customer-oriented and able to converse with diners.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dishdescriptions including allergens.
Undertake any other duties or responsibilities which may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Chef.
Health & Safety Requirements
All members of the Kitchen staff should, at all times:
- Apply health and safety regulations as appropriate and to maintain a safeworking environment at all times;
- Follow food hygiene, health and safety procedures (and riskassessments/method statements)
- Ensure that all tools are cleaned and put away in their correct and safe place;
- Use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for tasks as necessaryand as determined by the Executive Chef.
- Report any faulty equipment to Maintenance and make note in shift handovernotes.
To apply please email email@example.com or call Paul Stephens on 01326 240328