Market related salary
I’m currently looking for a CAD Technician to join a leading service provider for a position based in Swindon.
- Interpret instructions from CAD Manager regarding technical production of drawings.
- Translate standard and proprietary details into working drawings.
- Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with available drawings and specifications of information issued.
- Preparing design data for issue at the request of senior staff e.g. printing drawings, preparation of documents and calculations.
- Use 2D and 3D CAD to produce mechanical/construction engineering drawings in support of the site assets resulting in the production of detailed design drawings and information using latest AutoCAD
- Assist with setting up and running a site based CAD register of site assets
- Produce GA, detail as built drawings for construction and M & E Services
- Undertake surveys in support of information gathering for transposing into as builds
- Peer check detail drawings produced internally and by third parties
- Contribute to improvements and standardization of our processes
- Work well unsupervised and possess leadership qualities
- Practically-minded approach
- Able to work at pace and accurately on complex projects
- Sound knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
- You will have the ability to drive the project forward, communicating well with other departments and react quickly and decisively to change, helping to deliver projects successfully
- Manage the detailed design process liaising with internal staff, external consultants and supply chain as required
- Ensure that Group Standards and Quality standards are complied with.
- Ensure design is compliant with legislation and employers requirements
- Coordinating design information between supply chains
- Produce clear and accurate working drawings for production of existing data
- Site visits – Check measure of existing layout of services within the assets
- Able to measure and transfer as gathered info into asset information.
- Ensure any issues/queries are dealt with in timely manner to keep projects within lead times.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in similar roles, including architectural design and detailing with a broad, in depth, practical experience of building techniques and technologies gained in either a consultant or contractor capacity.
- HND in Architectural Technology or similar minimum.
- Excellent knowledge and application of H&S and Environmental matters, with particular relevance to those impacting the construction industry essential.
- Detailed understanding of Building Regulations, design standards and the roles, duties and requirements of CDM Regulations 2015.
- Strong experience and understanding of AutoCAD essential. Experience or other Autodesk products, including Revit, highly desirable.
- Ability to produce and update NBSs using NBS software.
- Good general level of software literacy, including experience working in MS Office and MS Project.
- Previous MOD experience with an ability to demonstrate clear understanding of relevant MOD JSPs highly desirable.
- Membership of relevant professional institution (CIAT etc.) preferred.
- Methodical and analytical approach.
- Confidence to challenge convention and work under own direction where appropriate.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate at all levels, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and time management skills.
- Competent at working at height, confined spaces and mixed environment.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK ON THE APPLY ONLINE BUTTON BELOW.
- Address Swindon, Wiltshire
- Salary Offer Competitive Salary
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10