Full-Time Accounts Senior – Exeter
£20K – £26K
Trial Balance is working with a prestigious firm of Accountants based in Exeter to assist with the recruitment of an experienced Accounts Senior.
Your duties in this varied and interesting role will include:
• Dealing with the completion of annual accounts and tax computations, for both incorporated and un-incorporated businesses up to £5M turnover
• Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
• Dealing with the completion of quarterly VAT returns
• Dealing with the completion of sub-contractors end of year returns and ensuring that CIS requirements are met
• Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements
• Drafting correspondence for clients; liaising with HMRC, by telephone and email
• Providing varied administrative and business set-up services for clients
• Training student AAT staff
This role would suit a candidate who meets the following criteria:
• AAT qualified
• Studying towards ACCA qualification
• Previous experience in accounts preparation for partnerships/ LLPs and limited companies
• Proficient in MS Office 2007 (ie. Excel, Word, Outlook), Sage and Xero
• Experience of electronic accounting packages
• Familiarisation with personal and business tax regulations, plus VAT and PAYE.
In exchange, my client offers an extremely professional working environment, excellent on the job training and career development opportunities, and study and CPD support where appropriate
Established in 2008, Trial Balance Consulting has grown rapidly and 100% organically to become the leading choice for accountancy and finance recruitment in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Bristol & Bath.
As one of the most prolific specialist recruiters in the Southwest, our enviable reputation has been built on referral and recommendation, with a particular emphasis on client/candidate care and a no nonsense, jargon free approach to sourcing staff.
We make particular efforts where our marketing is concerned, leaving no stone unturned. As such we believe that we hold the largest database of skilled candidates in the marketplace.